Influencers are individuals who have built a substantial following on social media platforms and can influence their audience’s opinions, behavior, and purchasing decisions. Knowing what influencers to target is very important for brands considering an influencer marketing program. So, who are influencers?
Here are eight different types of influencers:
- Celebrity influencers: These are well-known personalities in the entertainment industry, such as actors, musicians, or athletes, who have a large following on social media.
- Macro-influencers: These are individuals who have a following between 100,000 to a few million on social media platforms. They often have established their niche and create content around specific topics.
- Micro-influencers: These are individuals with a smaller following of around 1,000 to 100,000 but tend to have a highly engaged and loyal audience. They often have a specific niche and are considered experts in their field.
- Nano-influencers: These are individuals with a small following of fewer than 1,000 but have a highly engaged audience. They are often considered to be everyday people with niche expertise or a strong online presence.
- Thought leaders: These are individuals who are recognized as experts in their field and have a strong online presence. They may not have a large following, but their opinions and ideas are valued by their audience.
- Brand ambassadors: These are individuals who are hired by a brand to promote its products or services. They often have a significant following and are used to create buzz around a particular campaign or product.
- Employee influencers: These are employees who have a significant following on social media and are used by their company to promote its products or services. They are often considered more trustworthy and authentic.
- Advocates: These are individuals who are passionate about a particular cause or brand and use their social media platforms to advocate for it. They may not have a large following but are highly engaged and influential within their community.
Knowing the differences between influencers will help ensure your influencer marketing program is a success for your business, product, or service. If your company is looking for help with targeting influencers or if you’re looking for a lifestyle or endurance sports influencer like Hilary, please reach out to us today! We have a unique perspective on influencer marketing campaigns having developed campaigns for our clients and also having the knowledge and experience of being an influencer and working with brands.