Learning how to write a pitch letter may seem intimidating, but once you’ve learned the basics and let your creativity flow, you can come up with attention-grabbing pitches easily for your brand.
When writing a pitch letter to the media, it is important to follow these steps:
- Identify the target media outlet and the specific journalist you would like to reach out to.
- Write a compelling subject line that will catch the recipient’s attention.
- Keep the opening paragraph brief and to the point, highlighting the main idea or story angle you want to pitch.
- Explain why the story is important and relevant to the media outlet’s audience.
- Provide background information on your organization and its expertise on the topic.
- Offer additional resources such as quotes, statistics, and visuals to support your pitch.
- Keep it short and sweet, no longer than one page.
- Close the letter by expressing your willingness to answer any questions or provide further information.
- Include your contact information and a professional signature.
Remember to be concise, compelling, and respectful in your pitch. Good luck!
Does your brand need help to reach the media? We have a 99% proven track record of success in getting our clients placed in media outlets. Contact us today!