Has your video content ever gone viral? Even if the answer is no, you’ve certainly already seen viral videos on your feed. Increasing your content’s reach also increases your chances of getting new clients. Did you know that nearly 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store? Here are our four tips for creating viral videos.
What is a viral video?
A viral video refers to a video that spreads through the internet very quickly, like a virus. Often viral videos get millions of views in a very short period of time.
Why would a viral video benefit my business?
If your content goes viral you’ll get:
- Greater reach: millions of people will see it and potential consumers of your product or service will see your video simply through word-of-mouth because people are talking about it and sharing it online.
- More trust: consumers will trust video content, especially videos shared amongst their colleagues, friends, and family much more than a paid-for TV or print advertisement.
- Lower costs: your reach is organic, users are sharing it for you. You don’t have to pay for exposure.
- Brand awareness: a viral video lets a brand get their name out in the public eye and we all know, the more awareness your brand gets, the better!
How can I go viral?
1. Know your public
Before creating your content, know what type of video would interest your audience and what type of content they would share with their friends. Research which hashtags are most related to your content and be sure to use them to attract more views.
2. Quality comes first
Make sure your video is of good quality in order to increase its chances of going viral. People do judge the “social book” by its cover.
3. Go for interactive content
There are some details that can make your content more interactive, for example, challenges and Q&As. People love to share answers to curiosities with their friends and that will help increase your engagement. For example, a very successful marketing viral campaign is from Old Spice. With its humorous and out-of-the-box ad, the brand introduced the Old Spice man who appeared in “The Man Your Man Could Smell Like” campaign in 2010. The Old Spice man, Isaiah Mustafa, created a stir with his ad, which was created to appeal to the female audience and give a subtle message to men to buy Old Spice. The video got amazing positive reviews and has garnered more than 54 million views to date on YouTube.
4. Don’t focus too much on going viral
Keep in mind that viral content depends a lot on the public reaction, and you can’t control that. The good thing is that you’ll still have great content for your business. Keep these four tips for creating viral videos in mind and you’ll be one step closer to creating outstanding videos!
Need help creating unique videos for your brand? As a three-time Emmy nominated video producer, we can help you develop outstanding video content for your business. Reach out to us today!