Tips on Raising Donations Through Social Networking Sites
Recently, our CEO, Hilary Topper, had the opportunity to present in front of nearly 50 non-profit executives at Philanthropy Day in November 2016. Her topic centered around tips on raising donations through social networking sites.
Here are the valuable tips she offered the attendees:
- Brand Ambassadors — She talked about how to find them and how to cultivate them to build a base for non-profit organization’s donor base.
- Use Facebook For Non-Profits — The event page will help give you a forum to collect donations and offer information about your organization.
- Peer to Peer — Take a look at New York Road Runners or other organizations where they use runners or triathletes to help raise money, while providing race entries.
- Instagram and Twitter Campaigns — There are multiple ways to raise money on instagram and twitter. These two social sites are currently the most viable sources in addition to Facebook.
- Targeting Bloggers — Hilary also talked about targeting bloggers to get them to help you spread the word about your organization. She said that since 46% of the people read blogs daily, it’s an untapped source for a non profit organization.
- Podcasting – This is also an untapped market and can help you spread your message and help you raise funds. With more than 31.8 million listeners a month, it’s worth the effort to target these podcasters!
Hilary Topper speaks around the country about this and more. She specifically discusses how corporations and non-profit organizations can implement programs on their own to become extremely successful. For more information on booking Hilary for your next speaking engagement, call 347-696-0220 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.